When you watch your favorite TV shows or movies which is of more interest, the plotlines or the stars’ perfect pearly whites? If you find yourself fixating on other people’s dazzling teeth, could it be caused by insecurity in your own smile? On nights out with friends, do you ever find yourself avoiding showing your teeth, because you don’t want them to notice the flaws you so often see? Porcelain veneers can help address a wide variety of concerns, and they also help to create natural-looking yet beautiful smiles. So the only question is, aren’t you ready to have a smile you enjoy showing off?
What Is Causing Your Sense of Embarrassment?
The first step in determining which cosmetic treatment is right for you, is figuring out which imperfections within your smile are causing the most insecurity. If, for instance, your only real issue is discoloration of your teeth, the dentist might recommend a simple teeth whitening treatment. If there are any other imperfections, though, porcelain veneers could likely be an effective solution.
Why Are Veneers So Popular?
Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic treatment options, because they are a great way to hide a variety of imperfections including oddly shaped teeth or those that seem too small. Veneers can even be used to hide minor gaps between a few or several of the teeth. That is, of course, if the alignment problems are purely aesthetic and not functionally troublesome. (Functional alignment problems usually require orthodontic treatment to correct.)
There are a number of benefits to choosing veneers, as well. For instance:
- Veneers are made of durable dental-grade porcelain, which is incredibly similar to natural tooth enamel.
- This makes caring for veneers simple and straightforward. You will simply need to use a non-abrasive toothpaste along with regular flossing and dental cleanings.
- With great care, veneers can last more than a decade without showing noticeable signs of wear. This is in large part thanks to the porcelain’s stain-resistance!
- Veneers can now be made thinner than before, allowing dentists to preserve more healthy tooth enamel while still affixing veneers in a way that crates seamless-looking results.
- Custom veneers are crafted with two things in mind, creating beautiful smile enhancements but also natural-looking results. This way, people will see your beautiful smile, not your noticeable cosmetic dental work!
Do You Need a Dental Restoration?
If you suspect you could be in need of restorative dentistry, schedule an appointment now. You can schedule a restorative appointment with Stephens and Gatewood Dentistry in Spring, TX, by calling 281-320-2000, today.