Having graduated in the top 10 percent of his class, Dr. Jack Stephens earned his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry with a minor in biology from Sam Houston State University in 1980, as a member of the National Honor Society. He continued his education by obtaining his Doctor of Dental Science degree in 1984 from the University of Texas Dental School in Houston, was also a member of the National Dental Honor Society, and again finished in the top 10 percent of his class.
Since then, Dr. Stephens has exhibited a passion for expanding his knowledge to better provide top-notch dental health care to all of his patients. His thousands of continuing education hours include special emphasis on dental implantology, oral rehabilitation, periodontal health care, orthodontics, CAD/CAM (computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing) dentistry, and laser dentistry.
Dr. Stephens’ professional memberships include:
- National Dental Honor Society (Omicron Kappa Upsilon)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Texas Dental Association (TDA)
- Greater Houston Dental Society (GHDS)
- Academy of General Dentistry
- North Houston Dental Study Club (as past president and member for the past 31 years)
- Past member of the Houston Dental Association Peer Review Panel
- Member of “CEREC Doctors,” who focus on CAD/CAM dentistry
- ICLE – International Center for Laser Education
His awards and recognition include:
- Voted Top Dentist in Houston since 2004
- Speaker of the Year – North Houston Dental Study Club (2014)
- Recognized by the Southwest Academy of Restorative Dentistry
- Sponsor of the Harris County Deputy Sheriff’s Association
- Clinic Award Alumni Association of the University of Texas Dental School
Outside of the office, Dr. Stephens enjoys spending time with his wife of over 35 years, Robin, and his children, Zach and Brooke. His hobbies include fly fishing, water skiing, snow skiing, sailing, bird hunting, racing, biking, scuba diving, and flying.
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” – Steve Jobs