Dr. Robert Gatewood first attended Texas A&M, then earned his Doctor of Dental Science degree in 1996 from the University of Texas Dental School in Houston. He then immediately joined the Navy, serving three years including a year-long, hospital-based general practice residency at Portsmouth, Virginia. The residency and his time in the Navy allowed Dr. Gatewood access to unparalleled, one-on-one time with talented specialists in a wide variety of health-care disciplines. The clinical, hands-on experience he gained helped craft his philosophy of providing high-quality dental care to each and every patient.
After completing his time in the Navy, Dr. Gatewood continued to expand his knowledge and expertise through continuing education courses that specialize in dental implantology, Invisalign® clear aligners, and CEREC technology (Chairside Economic Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction).
His professional memberships include:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Texas Dental Association (TDA)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Greater Houston Dental Society (current member of the GHDS Peer Review Committee)
- North Houston Dental Study Club (past president)
- Member of “CEREC Doctors,” who focus on CAD/CAM dentistry
Outside of the office, Dr. Gatewood participates in charity work through his church, and enjoys spending time with his wife, Donna, and their children, Grant and Alex. His hobbies include skiing, wake-surfing, scuba diving, and traveling.
“The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” – Bertrand Russell